Hash Brown Omelet
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add the potatoes, onion and green pepper to drippings. Cook and stir over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into a large non-stick skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon potato mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheese and bacon; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 462 calories, 35g fat (17g saturated fat), 346mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Sep 26, 2016
Delicious hearty meal for breakfast or a breakfast for supper meal. You can easily shorten your prep time by precutting and cooking the bacon, and hashbrowns, onions and peppers the night before. Served mine with salsa.
Mar 7, 2013
This is filling and very tastey ,I also added some cooked crumbled sausage for more meat . Family loved it .
Jun 12, 2011
Made this recipe several times. Very easy and great food. Mixed in some onions, green peppers and cheese