There's lots of stuff to like in these tasty baked egg squares from Bill Tucker of Chattanooga, Tennessee. The family-size dish is loaded with green chilies, ham, mushrooms, green pepper and onion.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained or 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 12 large eggs or 3 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the cheese, green pepper, chilies, mushrooms, onion and ham. Repeat layers. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 193 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 14, 2010
This turned out wonderful - and was easy to assemble
Jan 2, 2010
This is so good and easy I find no reason to ever make an omelete again for the family. Thank you so much! ~ Pat