Western Omelet Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours + standing
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham or 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, layer half of each of the following: potatoes, ham, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low until set, 6-7 hours. Turn off slow cooker. Remove insert; let stand, uncovered, 15-30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 363 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 332mg cholesterol, 1166mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Oct 6, 2016
Changed the recipe a bit. I accidentally doubled the cheese and baked it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes til the knife comes out clean. Also added red pepper. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.