Western Omelet Casserole
We make a Western-style omelet with ham and hash browns using the slow cooker. From youngest to oldest at brunch, everyone devours it. —Kathleen Murphy, Littleton, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours + standing
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham or 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, layer half of each of the following: potatoes, ham, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low until set, 6-7 hours. Turn off slow cooker. Remove insert; let stand, uncovered, 15-30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 363 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 332mg cholesterol, 1166mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Oct 6, 2016
Changed the recipe a bit. I accidentally doubled the cheese and baked it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes til the knife comes out clean. Also added red pepper. Delicious!