Eggs Benedict Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
Makes12 servings (1-2/3 cups sauce)
- 12 ounces Jones Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 6 English muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a greased 3-qt. or 13x9-in. baking dish; top with English muffins and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 286 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 256mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
May 19, 2018
I did this time 2 1/2 the amount. It did take over 2 hours to cook but it was well worth the wait. I didn't use the Hollandaise sauce I used a package. International Hollandaise and it was very good on the casserole.
Feb 20, 2018
So, I just made this for a work breakfast, but it got cancelled and pushed to tomorrow. Does anyone have insight on if this could be refrigerated for a day and then reheated tomorrow morning? I just finished baking it before I got the text about rescheduling. Thanks!
Dec 22, 2017
I've made this casserole several times over the past years since my younger son loves Eggs Benedict. This recipe is excellent, fast and delicious, and the homemade Hollandaise sauce is great. I will be making this again for Christmas breakfast in a few days. Thank you for a real winner!
Sep 24, 2017
This is delicious. My daughter in law and I love Eggs Benedict and this is a quick way to make it.
Dec 26, 2015
Morning after Christmas dish. I used ham in place of Can. bacon. Used sour dough bread in place of English Muffins, baked 1 hr., then uncovered & added 30 min. The center came out clean although texture was too soft for me. Made my own Mock Hollandaise which includes Monterey Jack cheese for the texture.Nummy nummy..........a do-over for sure.
Dec 18, 2015
I also made this for Christmas morning last year and will be making it again this year. It was a hit with my whole family. I do think I'm going to add some things this year though...I'm thinking asparagus and tomatoes...maybe spinach instead of asparagus. A breakfast place we like has benedicts with those items, so I know they will go and, for me, I really like veggies and color in my breakfast bake. I used instant hollandaise...I'll do that again. I'm sure homemade is better but I've made hollandaise before and thought it was a pain in the rump.
Nov 15, 2015
This was very good. However I think I've had other egg casseroles I like just as much. If I want eggs benedict taste, I think I'd prefer real eggs benedict.
May 18, 2015
This was very quick to assemble and I always appreciate brunch recipes that you can make the night before. However, I didn't care for the taste or texture of this dish. The texture was quite mushy - like bread pudding. Maybe toasting the muffins first would have helped like others have suggested. The flavour was quite bland, I would definitely suggest adding something other than just onion powder to the eggs - salt and pepper for sure.. I made my own recipe for hollandaise so can't comment on the one for this recipe. Unfortunately I won't be keeping the leftovers.
Mar 29, 2015
Very easy and quick to prepare. Nice flavor. I also used the packaged hollandaise sauce. Next time, I'll try making my own.
Mar 19, 2015
In Canada we call Canadian bacon "ham". LOL
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.