Eggs Benedict Bake with Bearnaise Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 3/4 pound Canadian bacon
- 6 croissants, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 envelope bearnaise sauce
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with croissants and remaining Canadian bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, green onions, onion powder, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Prepare sauce according to package directions. Serve with casserole.
Nutrition Facts1 piece with scant 2 tablespoons sauce: 285 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 200mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Dec 23, 2019
Nice recipe, and I like Bearnaise Sauce as much as anyone, but why not make Hollandaise which would make it closer to a true Benedict?
Apr 7, 2018
So delicious! I will be making this on the regular. All my family members loved it!!!
Jul 2, 2017
I made this for a camping weekend. It was wonderful! I was asked for the recipe. Leftovers were equally as good reheated the next day.