Mini Egg Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 frozen hash brown patty, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- Place the hash brown patty in a greased 3-cup baking dish. Arrange onion and green pepper around patty. Sprinkle with ham, mushrooms and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and mustard; pour over cheese. Top with tomato. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 812 calories, 57g fat (31g saturated fat), 594mg cholesterol, 2068mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 42g protein.
Aug 15, 2009
My children lost this recipe and I was looking forward to serving this at my soon to be sister in law's shower. Luckily, I found it here! I have served this for the past several years at church and for my family. I use the same recipe but adjust it to fill a 13x9 baking dish. It takes about 1.5 hours to bake but it is well worth it. Everyone comments on how wonderful this casserole is! Thanks for saving the day!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.