Egg and Broccoli Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 3 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Pour into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 2-1/2 to 3 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 428 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 297mg cholesterol, 953mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2013
So nice to have a breakfast main dish that can be cooked at home, driven to a potluck, and still be hot! It is a bit on the bland side though - next time I'll cook some mushrooms and bacon pieces on the stove and toss them in when I lift the lid to stir. Might benefit from additional spices too - oregano maybe?
Sep 25, 2012
Haven't actually made it yet, but I'm going to a potluck brunch. Sounds perfect if I double it and bring some wraps to make breakfast burritos.
Sep 28, 2011
I had all the ingredients but I didn't have the 4 hours, so I baked it at 350 degrees for 1 hour, the last 15 minutes uncovered. We really liked it. I will try it with frozen spinach next time as an alternative.
Apr 3, 2011
Love to serve it for brunch. Just put everything in the crock pot and you don't have to worry about it.
Jan 6, 2010
Loved it. I recommend chopping up the frozen broccoli into smaller pieces. I definitely will make it again.
Dec 30, 2009
This comforting dish is super easy to throw together and tastes fantastic. I did use 1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese and 1 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese and everyone loved it!
Jun 30, 2009
I have made this several times and it is always a hit and I am always asked for the recipe.S. Lynn San Diego, CA