Hard-Boiled Egg Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 10 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- In a bowl, combine eggs, celery, mayonnaise, nuts, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 344 calories, 31g fat (8g saturated fat), 248mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
May 12, 2020
I wish I had made this recipe without baking. I tasted the mix cold (without the cheese and potato chip topping) and it was very nice. A crunchy egg salad that's just a bit different. Salty and tangy, especially after I added a bit more salt to taste and bit of mustard. But then I baked it and it turned dry and nearly flavorless. We're going to eat it because we don't like to waste, but I wish I hadn't baked it. I know I used plenty mayo, so it should have stayed moist.
Jan 21, 2018
Fun twist on egg salad. Will make again
Mar 27, 2016
hUbby loves this but just with potato chips. We buy a huge bag and by the end there are lots of potato pieces to add to the eggs. I like them the way the recipe is but he doesn't.Instead of salt, I recommend celery salt or seasoning salt.
Apr 26, 2014
I liked a lot. Hubby not so much. Will make it again.... probably for myself. I halved the recipe since it's just for two.
Apr 4, 2014
Made this the day I got the email. Did not measure ingredients I guesstimated and it was still Delicious. Like a warm deviled egg with a little crunch. My only substitution was crispy bacon for the potato chips as we are trying to cut back on white carbs. Will make this many more times. The walnuts were a nice surprise.
Apr 2, 2014
Easy and delicious
Apr 2, 2014
I will make this recipe this coming Sunday. It sounds too tasty (and easy) to wait for Easter before I try it!