Egg and Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3-1/2 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/3 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 4 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk egg substitute and milk. Stir in the potatoes, 1 cup cheese, onion, 2 tablespoons bacon, salt, seasoning blend and chili powder. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 219 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 23, 2015
I cut down the amounts slightly and put the ingredients in my ramekins. I carmelized the onions before adding into the rest of the ingredients.
Dec 13, 2011
This was very good. I used small diced ham instead of the bacon and red onion instead of sweet onion.
Jan 9, 2010
Also- cooking time in recipe worked fine for me.
Jan 9, 2010
We liked this a lot- I used 9 eggs instead of substitute, and no sweet / green onion since potatoes already had onion. Omitted chili powder but next time will add it for a little extra zing. Using Kroger bag of real bacon bits sped up process.
Dec 15, 2007
Needs double the onions, triple the chili powder and more salt. Took 15 more minutes to cook than directed.