Cheesy Potato Egg Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound bulk lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Dash seasoned salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cups frozen potato crowns
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking into crumbles. Add mushrooms and spinach; cook until mushrooms are tender and spinach is wilted, 2-4 minutes longer.
- Spoon sausage mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasoned salt until blended; pour over sausage mixture. Layer with cheese and potato crowns.
- Bake, uncovered, until set and top is crisp, 45-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 315 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 154mg cholesterol, 910mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Sep 4, 2016
Easy breakfast dish to make and reheat in the microwave!
May 16, 2016
The tater tots on top make this really family-friendly. LIke it mentioned in the note, it's very easy to add some extra vegetables. I added some broccoli and red bell pepper that we had in the fridge and that was great!