Four-Pepper Egg Casserole
My husband loves peppers, and this colorful breakfast casserole is one of his favorite ways to enjoy them. Cumin and cayenne add mild south-of-the-border spice. —Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 each large green, sweet yellow, orange and red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream and cilantro. Pour over pepper mixture. Top with cheese; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until center is set.