Mushroom Pepper Omelet
Here’s a hearty, home-style omelet for two that’s ready in a jiffy and will keep you satisfied all morning long. —Diana Howard, Ava, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onions, mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheeses; fold other side over filling. Cut in half.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 392 calories, 32g fat (17g saturated fat), 586mg cholesterol, 1009mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Southwestern Omelet in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.