Mushroom Pepper Omelet
Here’s a hearty, home-style omelet for two that’s ready in a jiffy and will keep you satisfied all morning long. —Diana Howard, Ava, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onions, mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheeses; fold other side over filling. Cut in half.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 392 calories, 32g fat (17g saturated fat), 586mg cholesterol, 1009mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Southwestern Omelet in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010