Roasted Pepper Mushroom Salad
This is a very pretty dish to serve at any get-together. I always make a double batch so everyone can have seconds.—Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 large sweet red pepper
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 cups whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 10 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Cut peppers into thin slices. In a large bowl, combine the peppers, mushrooms, onion and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, garlic, basil, salt, oregano and pepper. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 65 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Mushroom Pepper Toss in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.