This tasty version of a basic omelet reminds me of my childhood when I'd help my father search for mushrooms in the forest near our home. The caraway seed really enhances the flavor of the mushrooms.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In an 8-in. skillet, heat butter until it sizzles. Saute mushrooms, caraway seeds and lemon-pepper for 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk salt and pepper. Pour over mushrooms. Cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, fold omelet in half.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 181 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 336mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Mushroom Omelet in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.