Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients.
- Place a 10-in. skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, top 1 half with remaining ingredients. Fold omelet in half. Cut in half to serve.
Nutrition Facts1/2 omelet: 186 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 207mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Sep 27, 2019
LovedOne1 - What picture are you looking at - the one I see has both as pictured and ingredients
May 12, 2019
The omelet is pictured with cheese and peppers but these are not listed as ingredients.
Jan 6, 2019
This was super good I had never made an omelette before. I used all the same ingredients but I cooked them prior to adding them in the omelette because I don't like my veggies raw in omelettes. I served this to my Dad and Daughter they both liked it. My daughter isn't much for onions but she gave it a thumbs up!
Mar 11, 2015
This omelet was delicious and smelled just as good! Instead of using ham, I used Canadian Bacon. I'm not usually a fan of green peppers but stuck with them. They complimented the onions well. The cheese really tied everything together. I also used all eggs since I don't usually have the egg substitute on hand.
Jan 16, 2015
I prepared this omelet for breakfast the other morning and both my husband and I loved it. HIs one word review was "Yummo". We are both trying to take a few pounds off from the holidays and this breakfast hit the spot. Not only healthy but delicious. I highly recommend this recipe as a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home.
Apr 3, 2013
one word - mmmmmmmmmmmmm! i used all real eggs though, as we have our own hens. I think they would be offended if I used a substitute.
Apr 3, 2013
one word - mmmmmmmmmmmmm!