Cheesy Chive Omelet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, water, salt and pepper. Stir in chives.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath.
- When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, sprinkle cheese on one side; fold omelet in half. Cut omelet in half; slide onto plates.
Nutrition Facts1/2 omelet: 216 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 309mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Mar 6, 2017
I fix omelets at least once a week. I love the addition of chives ; however, husband didn't even notice since he drowned his omelet with salsa. I liked it. Since I had mushrooms that were turning, I added that with the chives. Instead of water, I chose to use half & half which I normally use anyway. It gives the omelet a smoother taste.
Oct 25, 2014
Simple and tasty!
Dec 23, 2012
very easy my 13 year old daughter made this for me and It was excellent
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.