Cheesy Chive Omelet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, water, salt and pepper. Stir in chives.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath.
- When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, sprinkle cheese on one side; fold omelet in half. Cut omelet in half; slide onto plates.
Nutrition Facts1/2 omelet: 216 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 309mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 6, 2017
I fix omelets at least once a week. I love the addition of chives ; however, husband didn't even notice since he drowned his omelet with salsa. I liked it. Since I had mushrooms that were turning, I added that with the chives. Instead of water, I chose to use half & half which I normally use anyway. It gives the omelet a smoother taste.
Oct 25, 2014
Simple and tasty!
Dec 23, 2012
very easy my 13 year old daughter made this for me and It was excellent