Oven -Baked Western Omelet
The very first time I served this luscious omelet to my husband and young daughters, it became a yuletide tradition! Now I always double the savory recipe and sometimes substitute cheddar for Swiss cheese.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup water
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the onions and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, ham and water. Pour over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 214 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 244mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Oven-Baked Western Omelet in Country Woman Christmas 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.