Cream Cheese & Chive Omelet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, chives, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle cream cheese on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate; cut in half. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1/2 omelet: 305 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 455mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 6, 2017
This looked really good and I did make it. Way too much oil for my taste. I will probably make it again using less oil.
Feb 21, 2017
A quick and delicious breakfast recipe! The cream cheese reminded me of eating bagels so much that I turned this into a bagel breakfast sandwich - just added a piece of ham. So tasty!
Jun 19, 2016
This is simply amazing...it was quick, easy to prepare and a new favorite for my hubby...
Sep 26, 2015
Wow, really good! I had jalapeno cheddar cream cheese on hand so used that. Wonderful!
Apr 15, 2015
Good taste, easy to prepare.
Mar 27, 2015
Simple, easy and taste great as is, but also a great base to add other ingredients, especially vegetables - broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, . This is a summertime staple, quick, easy supper for busy summertime weeknights.
Oct 29, 2014
SO good! As one other reviewer said, I added spinach. With or without, this is a regular now!
Jul 27, 2014
I love this and so did my daughter! great for brunch!
May 8, 2014
Great recipe! I used some freshly cooked spinach and scallions. What is really great about this recipe is the instructions. This is the first omelet I every made that tastes like the omelets served by good restaurants! While the recipe makes a very large omelet, it can be easily changed to a one serving recipe just by cutting the ingredients in half.
Mar 24, 2014
Better than cream cheese on a bagel. YUM