Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and zucchini in 2 tablespoons butter until tender; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture over one side and sprinkle with cheese. Fold other side over filling. Remove from the heat.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add remaining sauce ingredients; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with omelet.
1/2 each: 459 calories, 38g fat (20g saturated fat), 503mg cholesterol, 944mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.