Italian Hot Dish
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta (about 4 ounces)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and crumble beef with 1/2 cup mushrooms, onion and green pepper over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in seasonings and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Place pasta in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with meat sauce and remaining mushrooms. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 394 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Sep 30, 2019
Sep 13, 2019
I agree with the comments of not enough flavor. I made it as written. I will make again but use Italian sausage instead of ground beef. Maybe a little more oregano. I might try a little chopped pepperoni too. This has potential.
Aug 7, 2019
This is a great dish for a busy night and satisfies our need for good pasta with a mellow "not too tomatoe-ee" flavor. You can tweak as needed for spicier or not...love it!
Jul 13, 2019
A little cayenne and this is the bees knees.
Jul 13, 2019
Pretty standard baked pasta dish. Very simple to tweak to any family's liking. My husband doesn't like red sauce of any kind so I use an alfredo/ white sauce instead. I love baked pasta either way. Win/Win!
Nov 19, 2018
Nice but not enough spice for this New England family. Perhaps a bit small but we did enjoy it. I will tweek.
Feb 19, 2018
I thought this dish was really good. It was simple to make it, although it took a little longer than I expected. I mixed the pasta and sauce together and stirred some of the cheese in. I love cheese so I added some extra.
Feb 4, 2018
I tried this recipe again, instead of having the pasta at the bottom. i mixed it with the meat and sauce. added extra cheese and mushrooms. much better. this is a great recipe, but more bland than how I make my other pasta dishes. The serving size was perfect for two people. I will make this again but add a little kick
Nov 28, 2017
I thought that this was tasteless. It needs something to kick it up a notch for sure. My husband didn't like it at all.
Oct 30, 2017