Making up different salad dressings is a hobby of mine. The dressing and the extra ingredients makes this so delicious.—Regina Bianchi, Bessemer, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small head lettuce, torn
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, onions, celery, mozzarella cheese, olives and tomato. Just before serving, add the dressing and toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Italian Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1995