Italian Broccoli Pasta Salad
"I've served this dish at our children's graduation parties, and everyone has asked for the recipe," Loretta Conrey notes from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The chilled pasta salad is perfect for a picnic or potluck. Dressed with a light coating of reduced-fat salad dressing, it's chock-full of good-for-you cauliflower, carrot and broccoli bits.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Immediately place vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, vegetable mixture, water chestnuts, olives and onion. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, dill and salt. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 0g sugar total.
Originally published as Italian Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.