Italian Fresh Vegetable Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes20 servings (1 cup each)
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Just before serving, pour 3/4 cup vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for another use.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 84 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 16, 2014
I have made this salad a couple of different times and I love it. It has a few vegetables that most other salads do not have. I make it and eat it over the course of the next few days.
Feb 24, 2013
Not fond of the dressing but the vegetable mix add your own favorite dressing was awesome!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.