Italian Basil Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes18 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled banana pepper rings
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 thin slices hard salami, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, cheese, yellow pepper, onion, pepper rings, olives, salami and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 224 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 7, 2017
Pasta salad meets Antipasto. A great summer dish, but I agree with some of the others on seasonings. I added fresh Thyme and fresh cracked pepper. Add grilled chicken or steak for a one-dish dinner.
Jul 11, 2017
Really good, maybe a little more seasoning next time
Jun 18, 2017
Left out the olives due to preference, but really enjoyed this salad. It was best served the day of.
Jan 17, 2017
Nice light salad. The only changes I made were to omit the olives and used processed mozzarella instead of fresh.
Aug 12, 2016
This is a light and refreshing side dish that's perfect for summer. Quick and easy!
Jul 15, 2016
This has become a must have especially when we grill out!
Feb 21, 2016
I used dried basil, but this still turned out great. Here is my blog post on it: http://heatskitchen.com/2016/02/21/italian-basil-pasta-salad/
Jul 5, 2015
Made it for my Fourth of July cook out! Was a huge hit!!! I would put a little less salt next time- seemed a little salty to me but no complaints just great reviews from everyone who ate it! Definitely make it again!!
Aug 23, 2014
This was very good and will make it again. I put it together the night before and added the dressing and mozzarella right before I served it.
Nov 25, 2013
This was so easy to make and I did it the day before and just added the dressing before serving and it was delicious - it will be one of my go to recipes