Pizza Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper; shake well.
- Drain pasta; rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pasta. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 382 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
May 2, 2016
It was quite good. I made the mistake of preparing 2 days in advance to save time during the weekdays. All of dressing was absorbed up by the pasta. Next time, I'll make closer to when I need it. I'll also use less cheese because I have some non hard cheese eaters in the house.
May 19, 2015
I made this for a party on the weekend and took the leftovers to work on Monday. It was a hit both places. I made 1.5 times the recipe since the pasta I wanted came in a 12 ounce box. I followed the dressing directions pretty closely except that I used Italian seasoning instead of oregano and I had some grated Romano cheese that I mixed with the grated Parmesan. I eyeballed most of the actual salad ingredient amounts, but I think I stayed pretty close to the amounts in the recipe. This will be my go-to pasta salad recipe. Even my 91-year-old dad liked it.
Jul 8, 2014
This was a good pasta salad. I appreciated that it didn't use a bottled Italian dressing. I added fresh basil and some very flavorful Romano cheese.
Jul 12, 2011
I make this with turkey pepperoni and it is wonderful! My son loves it and it really does taste like pizza. YUMM!
Jul 4, 2010
We made this for a 4th of July picnic. We got nothing but compliments. We would make it again, in fact we made it the next day for another picnic.
Jun 23, 2010
Actually, for years, my husband has made a pasta salad almost identical to this one. I made this with the addition of sliced black olives and it's so delicious and light. Perfect for a summer meal---lunch or dinner!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.