Makeover Pizza Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced turkey pepperoni (about 1-1/2 ounces)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the Parmesan cheese, vinegar, oil, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pasta; rinse in cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add pasta and dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 255 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.
May 13, 2014
I added chopped red, yellow and orange peppers. My whole family liked this salad.
Jan 13, 2014
Instead of fresh tomatoes, used canned diced.
Dec 6, 2009
most excellent- even in winter- my husband thought it was the best tasting "sauce" for pasta salad. I added cucumbers as they needed to be eaten; and the tomatoes added a delicious sweetness. Thank you~
Mar 29, 2009
What a yummy, unique salad! I left out the cheddar cheese and used all mozzarella cheese and it tasted great!~ Theresa