Italian Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cubed provolone cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions and salad dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; stir in the provolone cheese and olives. Gently fold into the pasta mixture. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 442 calories, 39g fat (7g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 920mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 31, 2016
Easy and delicious.
Jun 16, 2016
@dawnrosanne You may already know this but, Provolone cheese is actually Mozzarella cheese that has been cured in a brine solution. So you did good.
Jun 13, 2013
I omitted the mushrooms and onions (personal choice) and added more pasta. Used Olive Garden Dressing. We really liked it and will make again. :-)
Oct 15, 2012
Excellent..will definitely make again!
Aug 21, 2012
This is an excellent pasta salad. I didn't have any provolone cheese on had so I used mozarella . I don't know how using provolone could have made it any better!
Mar 17, 2012
This is dawnrosanne again...I forgot to add that I could not find a block of provolone cheese in the store, so I used mozarella cheese, and instead of 1/3 cup, I think I put in 1 cup of cubed mozarella.
Mar 17, 2012
Wonderful! Took this to a party and everyone loved it. I added mini-pepperonis to it. I also followed others' suggestions and instead of just 1 cup of pasta, used two. Great zippy flavor. Important to get "Zesty Italian dressing" (not regular Italian). YUM!!
Jun 22, 2011
Great recipe! I took this to our father's day BBQ and it was a big hit! The only thing I did different was double the recipe because a single wouldn't make enough for a crowd.
Jul 8, 2010
As delicious as it looks! Everyone loved it! Used whole jarred mushrooms cut in half instead of fresh.
Jul 1, 2010
After serving this at one party, I was asked for the recipe multiple times!