Italian Garden Salad
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding the green beans during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Add the chicken, pepper, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, zucchini, squash, tomatoes and onion.
- Drain spaghetti and beans; rinse in cold water. Add to the other ingredients and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 369 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 5, 2016
Delicious for a light dinner on a hot summer night. I don't like raw squash so I substituted diced cucumber for the zucchini and yellow squash. I served it with bakery-fresh croissants.
Jul 25, 2015
Very nice and I love all the veggies, but there was no WOW factor to it.
Aug 11, 2014
I made this last night and we all loved it. From now on this will be a go to for leftover spaghetti!I think the addition of black olives, ham, and diced radishes and celery would be nice add on's
Sep 2, 2012
Wonderful taste, easy to make. I make the day before and let it sit to get more flavor. Made this a second time and used elbow noodles and different cheese and added different stuff, still turned out wonderful
Jul 9, 2010
Excellent salad! A hit with the group I made it for! I used whole wheat spaghetti-delicious-and will break the spaghetti in half before cooking next time to make it a little easier to serve. I'll be looking for reduced fat cheese to help cut the fat a little, but this is a great fresh-tasting salad!
Jul 23, 2009
This is just plain delicious and easy to do. I'm just a husband and even I can do it! -Dennis from Richmond