Italian Garden Salad
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding the green beans during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Add the chicken, pepper, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, zucchini, squash, tomatoes and onion.
- Drain spaghetti and beans; rinse in cold water. Add to the other ingredients and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 369 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Jun 5, 2016
Delicious for a light dinner on a hot summer night. I don't like raw squash so I substituted diced cucumber for the zucchini and yellow squash. I served it with bakery-fresh croissants.
Jul 25, 2015
Very nice and I love all the veggies, but there was no WOW factor to it.
Aug 11, 2014
I made this last night and we all loved it. From now on this will be a go to for leftover spaghetti!I think the addition of black olives, ham, and diced radishes and celery would be nice add on's
Sep 2, 2012
Wonderful taste, easy to make. I make the day before and let it sit to get more flavor. Made this a second time and used elbow noodles and different cheese and added different stuff, still turned out wonderful
Jul 9, 2010
Excellent salad! A hit with the group I made it for! I used whole wheat spaghetti-delicious-and will break the spaghetti in half before cooking next time to make it a little easier to serve. I'll be looking for reduced fat cheese to help cut the fat a little, but this is a great fresh-tasting salad!
Jul 23, 2009
This is just plain delicious and easy to do. I'm just a husband and even I can do it! -Dennis from Richmond
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.