"My son, Jeremy, has been helping around the kitchen since he was big enough to stand on a kitchen chair and stir something," relates Sandy Cork of Melvin, Michigan. "One of his favorite recipes is this pizza-flavored omelet."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 10 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely set, remove from the heat.
- Spread pizza sauce over half of the eggs; top with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Fold in half; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Pizza Omelet in Quick Cooking September/October 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.