Spinach-Egg Breakfast Pizzas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon plus additional extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 to 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup plus additional grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon plus additional coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 500°. Line two 15x10-in. baking pans with parchment paper; sprinkle lightly with cornmeal. Cut dough into four pieces; stretch and shape into 6- to 7-in. circles.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach; cook and stir until just starting to wilt, 1-2 minutes. Combine spinach with next five ingredients; spread spinach mixture over each pizza. Leave a slight border of raised dough along edge. Bake on a lower oven rack about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; break an egg into center of each pizza. Return to lower oven rack, baking until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny, 6-10 minutes. Drizzle olive oil over pizzas; top with additional Parmesan and pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 433 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 865mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Jan 14, 2017
This is so easy and absolutely delicious. I've made it several times now ... it's so easy and so good, we even eat it for dinner with a side salad! I've even served these to guests to rave reviews. I'm surprised there aren't any other reviews on this site!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.