Spinach-Mushroom Scrambled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded provolone cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until blended. In a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add egg mixture; cook and stir just until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 162 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 226mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat.
Oct 20, 2018
Delicious and so easy!
Apr 22, 2018
Lovely recipe-love spinach and eggs-wasnt a can of spinach the strength of popeye the sailor man the-cartoon -will try to get it made at home.
Feb 24, 2017
Very tasty. My husband prefers no cheese and I like cheddar. This recipe worked for both of us.
Oct 23, 2016
Excellent recipe! Very easy and comes together in just minutes. Perfect for a quick breakfast for two. Like an earlier reviewer, I also added caramelized onion to the dish. I also stirred in the cheese just a little bit sooner than the recipe calls for because I am very particular about the consistency of scrambled eggs. This came out perfect and delicious. You'll definitely add it to your list of tasty and quick breakfasts!
Feb 2, 2016
Apr 17, 2015
Loved it!! I was looking for a healthy filling breakfast and came across this on pintrest! Super easy and so delicious! I could have probably eaten the whole pan, but I had to share with my 2 year old!
Dec 18, 2014
I made this for breakfast just now and had to make another batch! My 2.5 year old even loved it! I didn't have provolone so I used feta. Super delicious! Nom nom nom!
Nov 11, 2014
I always add a little bit of onion just to give it a little bit more zip. I like changing up the cheese. I just use whatever I have.
Feb 23, 2014
I used mozzarella because that is what I had on hand. My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe!
May 8, 2013
I put the cheese on top - to me it has more impact that way.... very good recipe.