Vegetable Scrambled Eggs
I like to have friends and family over for a special Sunday brunch, especially when there's a "big game" on television. These colorful scrambled eggs with veggies go perfectly with sausage, toasted English muffins and fresh fruit. —Marilyn Ipson, Rogers, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small tomato, chopped and seeded
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Add green pepper, onions, salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly greased skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are nearly set, 2-3 minutes. Add tomato; cook and stir until eggs are completely set.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 173 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 373mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 1, 2012
Generous portion and tasty! I don't think I'd realize it was egg substitute. I took a few minutes to soften the peppers and onions in the skillet before I poured in the egg sub.
Jul 20, 2011
I even added in a little ham. These were very good.