Vegetable Scrambled Eggs
I like to have friends and family over for a special Sunday brunch, especially when there's a "big game" on television. These colorful eggs go perfectly with sausage, toasted English muffins and fresh fruit.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small tomato, chopped and seeded
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, green pepper, milk, onions, salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly greased skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are nearly set. Add the tomato; cook and stir until eggs are completely set.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 96 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Vegetable Scrambled Eggs in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Jan 1, 2012
Generous portion and tasty! I don't think I'd realize it was egg substitute. I took a few minutes to soften the peppers and onions in the skillet before I poured in the egg sub.
Jul 20, 2011
I even added in a little ham. These were very good.