Spinach Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, butter, sugar, pepper and salt; mix well. Stir in bacon and spinach. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 146 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Apr 8, 2012
Yummy! Adds a nice nutritional touch to deviled eggs. I omitted the baco n and didn't miss it at all.
May 14, 2010
I made this recipe quite sometime time ago and it was wonderful. I omitted the sugar and used rice wine vinegar and fresh spinach, finely chopped ~ Great little recipe ~ Janie ~ Toh Field Editor
Apr 2, 2009
Can't wait to try these! I love spinach in anything, and who in the world doesn't like bacon! Leave it to us Southern Indiana girls to come up with great ideas!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.