Spinach Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, butter, sugar, pepper and salt; mix well. Stir in bacon and spinach. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 146 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2012
Yummy! Adds a nice nutritional touch to deviled eggs. I omitted the baco n and didn't miss it at all.
May 14, 2010
I made this recipe quite sometime time ago and it was wonderful. I omitted the sugar and used rice wine vinegar and fresh spinach, finely chopped ~ Great little recipe ~ Janie ~ Toh Field Editor
Apr 2, 2009
Can't wait to try these! I love spinach in anything, and who in the world doesn't like bacon! Leave it to us Southern Indiana girls to come up with great ideas!