Herb & Cheese Scrambled Eggs
As a child I grew up on a farm where eggs and herbs were plentiful in summer. My mother made these eggs and I've made them for my own family. Just add toast!—Patricia Nieh, Portola Valley, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk or half-and-half cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Additional minced fresh herbs
- Whisk together the first eight ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Sprinkle with additional minced herbs.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 284 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 411mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Herb & Cheese Scrambled Eggs in Breakfast & Brunch 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.