Egg & Spinach Breakfast Burritos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 cups (about 4 ounces) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 10 multigrain tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- Guacamole and salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes, breaking into crumbles; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat oil. Add potatoes, onion and pepper; cook, stirring, until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add spinach; stir until wilted, 1-2 minutes. Add sausage and eggs; cook and stir until no liquid egg remains.
- Spoon 1/2 cup filling across center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold bottom and sides over filling and roll up. If desired, serve with guacamole and salsa.
- Freeze option: Cool filling before making burritos. Individually wrap burritos in foil and freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Freeze for up to 1 month. To use, partially thaw overnight in refrigerator or cooler. Prepare campfire or grill for medium heat. Place foil-wrapped burritos on a grill grate over a campfire or on grill. Grill until heated through, 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 333 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein.
Jul 31, 2016
We loved these! I did use traditional breakfast sausage instead of turkey because I had it on hand, and I melted the cheese into the eggs in the last minute of cook time. I really liked all of the vegetables for added nutrition from a typical breakfast burrito.
Jul 13, 2016
This had a really strange taste. Definitely not a keeper.