Spinach-Pesto White Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon prepared pesto, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach; cook and stir just until wilted. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup pesto. In a small bowl, toss chicken with remaining pesto.
- Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with spinach mixture; top with chicken, mozzarella cheese and bacon. Drop ricotta cheese by rounded teaspoonfuls over top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 453 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 956mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 18, 2015
Good filling pizza. I thought another flavor was needed, perhaps some saut?ed sweet onions. Next time I will try as the other reviewers did and saut? spinach in bacon drippings.
Jan 19, 2015
My 12 year old vegetarian daughter loves this recipe. She just replaces the meat with veggies. We substituted garlic Naan for the pizza dough, which not only gives it more flavor, but makes it even easier to make. If I want to make a meat dish for the rest of the family, we just throw this together for her.
Nov 30, 2014
This is a simple and delicious recipe! Like the other reviewer I used the bacon drippings to wilt the spinach. My family also likes this with fresh spinach added to the top after baking.
Jul 16, 2014
A simple & quick recipe that really delivers the flavor. We loved this pizza and will be making it again. I didn't use the olive oil but just wilted the spinach in the bacon drippings.