Sausage-Topped White Pizza
I love cooking, and I learned from Nana and Mom. Pizza is easily one of my favorite dishes to prepare. I switched up this recipe to make it my own. —Tracy Brown, River Edge, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 hot Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Mix ricotta cheese and garlic powder.
- Place crust on a baking sheet; spread with ricotta cheese mixture. Top with sausage, red pepper and onion; sprinkle with seasonings, then with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until edge is lightly browned and cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. Top with arugula.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 242 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Originally published as Spicy Turkey Sausage white Pizza in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.