Sausage-Topped White Pizza
I love cooking, and I learned from Nana and Mom. Pizza is easily one of my favorite dishes to prepare. I switched up this recipe to make it my own. —Tracy Brown, River Edge, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 hot Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Mix ricotta cheese and garlic powder.
- Place crust on a baking sheet; spread with ricotta cheese mixture. Top with sausage, red pepper and onion; sprinkle with seasonings, then with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until edge is lightly browned and cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. Top with arugula.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 242 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.