- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small green pepper, sliced into rings
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch dough into a 10-in. circle. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Roll and stretch the dough into a 12-in. circle. Grease a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet; sprinkle with cornmeal. Press dough onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared skillet.
- Spread with pizza sauce; top with sausage, 1 cup cheese, oregano and green pepper. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until crust is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
1 slice: 424 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 1092mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.