Sausage & Egg Breakfast Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles and place on a greased 14-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust; seal seams. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Prepare gravy according to package directions. Stir into sausage mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set. Spread gravy mixture over crust. Top with eggs, mushrooms and cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 615 calories, 44g fat (17g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 1458mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein.
Jan 22, 2018
This is an awesome idea! I hate breakfast pizzas with a liquid cheese base, so this was exactly what I was looking for. I did make a few modifications that were personal preference but equally delicious.I sauteed onions, green pepper and bacon bits and added them to my scrambled eggs (all in one pan) and put all that on top of the gravy. I did not use the recommended amount of cheese because I’m not a huge cheese person. Great recipe.
Aug 5, 2017
I've made this recipe several times, using packaged crescent rolls or biscuits. Lots of variations, depending on what's in your fridge. It's always excellent! But do NOT try it with packaged pizza dough. Ick. Tough crust and hard to cut. Fluffy crust is better!
Jul 8, 2014
We really enjoyed this. I omitted the mushrooms since my husband doesn't care for them and used turkey sausage instead if pork.
Feb 9, 2014
Fixed this for a group at our retreat center and they all wanted the recipe. So good! I subbed diced ham and turkey for the sausage to bring down the fat and sodium. Also sautéed the veggies and meat the night before, added the gravy, and just heated that up in a saucepan the next morning.
Jan 3, 2012
I made this for Christmas brunch & it was wonderful. I did substitute Schwan's pizza dough & baked it about 9 minutes before putting the toppings on. It reheated great the next day for leftovers!
Sep 15, 2011
Wow! Look at the sodium content. More than a day's worth.
Jul 27, 2011
We loved this recipe!! I made it just like the recipe and it was a big hit!
May 10, 2011
My family & friends always compliment me when I make this for them. Very delicious!
Mar 12, 2011
I used cheddar , swiss & mozarella cheese. It was a big hit. I'm making it again , but this time I'm using Italian sausage, green & sweet red peppers. I used prebaked pizza crust, also.
Nov 6, 2010
AWESOME. That's almost all you have to say.My family loves it and I have passed the recipe many times
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.