Overnight Baked Eggs Bruschetta
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 9 large eggs
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pizza dough and press onto bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in baking pan that's been sprinkled with cornmeal. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Stir in garlic powder, rosemary and seasonings. Stir pizza sauce into mushrooms; spread mushroom mixture over crust.
- In a large skillet with high sides, bring vinegar and 2-3 in. water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip eggs into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs; place over mushrooms in baking pan. Sprinkle goat cheese and remaining mozzarella over eggs and mushrooms. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove pan from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle onions over top. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and heated through, 10-15 minutes. Top with basil just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 345 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 227mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 29, 2013
This was okay but I feel like frying the eggs would have been just as good. I don't like mushrooms so I used diced onions which I liked better. I felt like this needed more flavor in some way.. but I did love the fried onions on top!