Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Ground Hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- With greased fingers, pat dough onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Or wrap pizza and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen pizza: Unwrap and place on a pizza pan; thaw in the refrigerator. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 311 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 754mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 10, 2010
It had good taste from all the toppings but why do you say to put the raw bread dough on an ungreased pan? I had to soak the pan and then chisel the very burned crust off my very nice pizza pan!
Oct 15, 2009
I used to make my own pizzas & used frozen bread dough. Question: How did you prevent the dough from sticking to an ungreased pan? Only once I forgot & had to chisel the pizza out of the pan. Never forgot again!