Sausage French Bread Pizza
"I never seem to have pizza dough on hand, but that doesn't stop our family from enjoying pizza," reports Cherie Sweet. The Evansville, Indiana cook tops crusty French bread with creamy Alfredo sauce, sausage and veggies. "It's great to serve at a party for children or teens," she adds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1-1/3 cups prepared Alfredo sauce
- 3 cooked Italian sausage links, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pizza cheese blend
- Cut bread in half horizontally; place on a baking sheet. Spread cut sides with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with the sausage, olives, red pepper, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and cheese.
- Bake at 350° until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Cut into serving-size pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 406 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1038mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Sausage French Bread Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.