Four-Cheese Spinach Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute spinach for 2-3 minutes or until wilted; remove from the skillet. Cool slightly; chop.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir in the spinach, salt and pepper. Spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of edge.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, onions, olives, basil, oil, vinegar and garlic; sprinkle over spinach mixture.
- Top with the feta cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until cheese softens and is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 270 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Sep 19, 2017
This was delicious! I actually made this on a flatbread. Because it was a small flatbread, I cut all the ingredients in half, and actually cut the spinach into 1/4 (only about 5oz spinach). I found that the spinach seemed a tad soggy after cooking it in the skillet. I think that actually caused the pizza to seem a bit soggy. Otherwise it tasted GREAT. I put the flatbread on a pizza pan, put it in for about 10-11 minutes. Will definitely make this again.
May 3, 2013
We have made this twice - it is outstanding. Absolutely delicious pizza! You will not be disappointed if you make this. Even my teen and adolescent boys love it.
Mar 12, 2011
DESLISH...this is a family favorite