Classic Spinach Pizza
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute garlic in drippings for 1 minute. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Drain spinach mixture on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender; add the pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Transfer to a small bowl and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the mascarpone cheese, olives and pancetta.
- Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan. Spread mushroom mixture over crust; layer with spinach mixture, provolone and Romano.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 435 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 824mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Jul 25, 2010
Wonderful! I made these using four pita breads as crusts since I needed to leave the pepper flakes out of some, and it turned out beautifully. The flavor of the pancetta really seemed to make this extra special.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.