Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place thawed dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix spinach, mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Punch down dough; divide into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 portion of dough to a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray; press dough onto bottom and partway up sides of pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese onto crust. Top with spinach mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out a second portion of dough to a 10-in. circle; place over cheese layer. Pinch together top and bottom crusts to seal. (Save remaining dough for another use.)
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Spread pizza sauce over top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 293 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 8, 2017
Great pizza! It was the 1st time i used a springform pan to make pizzz and it work surprisingly well.
Jun 28, 2009
The Spinach Mushroom Pizza is one of my favorites. I add turkey pepperoni for a little spicy addition. I also use premade thin pizza dough, which also cuts down on preparation time. It always looks impressive and tastes delicious.