Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place thawed dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix spinach, mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Punch down dough; divide into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to a 10-in. circle. Transfer to a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray; press dough onto bottom and partway up sides of pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese onto bottom of crust. Top with spinach mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out a second portion of dough to a 10-in. circle; place over cheese layer. Pinch together top and bottom crust to seal. (Save remaining dough for another use).
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Spread pizza sauce over top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 293 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 8, 2017
Great pizza! It was the 1st time i used a springform pan to make pizzz and it work surprisingly well.
Jun 28, 2009
The Spinach Mushroom Pizza is one of my favorites. I add turkey pepperoni for a little spicy addition. I also use premade thin pizza dough, which also cuts down on preparation time. It always looks impressive and tastes delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.