Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar or part-skim mozzarella
- Thaw bread dough according to package directions; let rise until doubled. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in spinach.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Spread the spinach mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; tuck ends under.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 340 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 687mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Mar 17, 2011
This tasted really really good - I served it to company and ALL of it went. Just one thing though, I thought it was going to be a disaster as the loaves 'flopped' completely when they came out the oven. Thankfully though, once it was cut it looked fine and tated wonderful.
Jan 25, 2011
I put ham or turkey in mine it is a family favorite
Dec 20, 2007
Added a little basil, salt and pepper. It was great.