Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar or part-skim mozzarella
- Thaw bread dough according to package directions; let rise until doubled. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in spinach.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Spread the spinach mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; tuck ends under.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 340 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 687mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 17, 2011
This tasted really really good - I served it to company and ALL of it went. Just one thing though, I thought it was going to be a disaster as the loaves 'flopped' completely when they came out the oven. Thankfully though, once it was cut it looked fine and tated wonderful.
Jan 25, 2011
I put ham or turkey in mine it is a family favorite
Dec 20, 2007
Added a little basil, salt and pepper. It was great.