Beef-Stuffed French Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 unsliced loaf French bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices process American cheese, halved
- Cut off top of bread. Carefully hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut removed bread into small cubes; set aside. In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add soup, green pepper, celery, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes. Stir in the reserved bread cubes. Spread into bread shell; top with cheese. Replace bread top. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 658 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1691mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 4, 2015
This was good but I think it needed a little more flavor. Next time instead of cheddar cheese soup I'm going to use a jar of salsa con queso.
Aug 23, 2010
My family loved these sandwiches, I used sub rolls instead of the french bread
Nov 16, 2009
We like this with nacho cheese soup instead of cheddar cheese soup.
Nov 9, 2009
I would make this again just try it with a different bread.
Oct 28, 2009
this is one of the best sandwiches Ive had. We make this on a regular basis now.