Beef-Stuffed French Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 unsliced loaf French bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices process American cheese, halved
- Cut off top of bread. Carefully hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut removed bread into small cubes; set aside. In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add soup, green pepper, celery, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes. Stir in the reserved bread cubes. Spread into bread shell; top with cheese. Replace bread top. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 658 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1691mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.
Aug 4, 2015
This was good but I think it needed a little more flavor. Next time instead of cheddar cheese soup I'm going to use a jar of salsa con queso.
Aug 23, 2010
My family loved these sandwiches, I used sub rolls instead of the french bread
Nov 16, 2009
We like this with nacho cheese soup instead of cheddar cheese soup.
Nov 9, 2009
I would make this again just try it with a different bread.
Oct 28, 2009
this is one of the best sandwiches Ive had. We make this on a regular basis now.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.