Beef Sandwiches Au Jus
These hearty sandwiches are served with individual ramekins of well-seasoned beef au jus for dipping. This recipe is a favorite of ours when time is of essence. Guests always rave when I prepare it, too. Nobody leaves the table hungry. —Marge Miller, Atlantic Mine, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 French rolls, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, bouillon, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, pepper flakes and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until tender; remove and keep warm. Sprinkle salt and remaining pepper over beef.
- In the same skillet, cook beef in remaining butter over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Spoon onto roll bottoms; top with cheese and onion mixture. Replace roll tops. Serve with au jus.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 503 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1365mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Mar 16, 2012
Great recipe...loved it! The beef sauce was a little too spicy for my liking, but we loved the sandwiches anyway!
May 25, 2011
I really liked this recipe it was very good and easy to make I will make it often Thank for such a excellent recipe