Beef Sandwiches Au Jus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 French rolls, split
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, bouillon, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, pepper flakes and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until tender; remove and keep warm. Sprinkle salt and remaining pepper over beef.
- In the same skillet, cook beef in remaining butter over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Spoon onto roll bottoms; top with cheese and onion mixture. Replace roll tops. Serve with au jus.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 503 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1365mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2012
Great recipe...loved it! The beef sauce was a little too spicy for my liking, but we loved the sandwiches anyway!
May 25, 2011
I really liked this recipe it was very good and easy to make I will make it often Thank for such a excellent recipe