Simply Delicious Roast Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 15 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and soup mix; stir in celery. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender, adding mushrooms during the last hour of cooking.
- Remove meat from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 307 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
May 14, 2016
I recently made this with a few of my own personal additions and loved it - the recipe as written would be good I think but I wanted more flavor punch so I used a packet of au jus mix along with the onion soup mix and I added about 2 to 3 T worcestershire sauce, a teaspoon of dried thyme and a few shakes of tabasco. I also added one chopped green bell pepper along with the celery. I thought it had wonderful flavor and the leftovers were even better. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!!
Aug 5, 2015
It was a terrible waste of time and money. We threw it away rather than having to face eating it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.