Southwestern Roast Beef Sandwiches
When we have leftover roast beef, I like to make these tasty grilled sandwiches that get their zip from pepper Jack cheese and green chilies.—Stephanie Stokley, Springfield, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 slices cooked roast beef (2-1/4 ounces each)
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 canned whole green chilies, halved
- Butter one side of each bread slice. On the unbuttered side of two slices, layer the beef, cheese and chilies; top with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- In a large nonstick skillet or griddle coated with cooking spray, toast sandwiches for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 381 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Mouth Watering Roast Beef Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007